1. Which company's famously advertised vision statement is 'The Network is the Computer'?
(a) Cisco Systems
(b) Lucent Technologies
(c) Sun Microsystems
(d) Nortel Networks Answer : (c)
2. The software company I-flex Solutions was originally a division of which famous financial services company?
(d) ABN Amro Bank Answer : (a)
3. Which former advertising personality has recently been named the Undersecretary of State for 'public diplomacy and public affairs' of the US in an exercise to rebrand the US following the September 11 terrorist strikes?
(a) Charlotte Beers
(b) Jay Chiat
(c) Martin Sorrell
(d) George Lois Answer : (a)
4. Which premium international range of luggage was recently launched in India by BlowPlast?
(c) American Tourister
(d) Delsey Answer : (d)
5. This year saw the launch of Yahoo!, Amazon.com and the famous launch of the Orange mobile phone service in the UK. Which year was this?
(d) 1993 Answer : (b)
6. Henry Ford revolutionised the car market with the first mass- produced car, the Ford Model T. In which year was it launched?
(d) 1897 Answer : (c)
7. Which company owns the beer brands Haywards 2000, Hi-Five and Lal Toofan?
(a) United Breweries
(b) Millennium Alcobev
(c) Shaw Wallace
(d) Mohan Meakins Answer : (c)
8. Which company owns the footwear brand - Stryde?
(c) Tata International
(d) Hindustan Lever Answer : (c)
9. It was the brand that made David Ogilvy famous. Which shirt brand's ads had the famous man with an eye patch in the 1950s, which catapulted David Ogilvy to fame?
(a) Van Heusen
(b) Arrow Shirts
(d) Dockers Answer : (c)
10. Which TV channel has been in the news for its coverage of the Bin Laden crisis, especially for having carried all broadcasts of Osama Bin Laden to audiences in West Asia?
(a) Star Asia
(b) BBC Asia
(c) Al Jazeera
(d) Khaleed Times Answer : (c)